Friday, March 30, 2012

Sewing a shalwar kameez


William Wordsworth had said about Spring:
The birds around me hopped and played,
Their thoughts I cannot measure:--
But the least motion which they made

It seemed a thrill of pleasure.

I live in that part of the world where the onset of Spring is waited with bated breath. Simple pleasures of life like wearing open toe footwear to show off the pedicured feet, not needing additional time for putting on the layers to keep the winter chills at bay. The time to dorn Indian dresses, pure cottons, handlooms, beautiful saris and the eye catching, colorful shalwar kameez at get together's, parties or just as you please. If only all this was also so simple because if you are one those who enjoys tailored dresses over the ready to wear ones. If you are one of the fortunate ones to tailor your own dress then life is easy otherwise finding a seamstress to have an Indian dress made is one big question.
I myself faced this problem on number of occassions. I do know a little bit of sewing myself but to learn the finer nuances I kept searching every possible resource and I did get lucky when I chanced upon a site which went into the details of sewing a shalwar kameez.
Hope the link below would help you as I did find it very informative.


http://www.wikihow.com/Sew-a-Chudidar/Salwaar-Kameez

No comments:

Post a Comment